Playlist

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The person who has Inspired and Influenced my Life- Aunty Maria

                   The person who has Inspired and Influenced my Life drastically, Aunty Maria

(20.09.15)

You guys might not know,I come from a single parent family, I lived with my mother and brother ever since.  God was kind, he sent us an Angel, at Thirty-eight years young,she was my domestic helper ,the kind and beautiful Miss Maria Elena Casilang. She first came in June ,year 2001, she was a skinny,petite sized fine lady. If memory served me right, I was nine and my younger brother was seven back then.


However, her eyes were Esotropia(Squint), my mother's initial thought was to reject her and get someone else.Well imagine someone at the age of twenty-four,came all the way from the country side of The Philippines, all alone. Thankfully we chose her in the end, it was the best decision ever made.





Since then , from the first meal she cooked , simple steamed rice accompanied with fried eggs and luncheon meat,we enjoyed every heartfelt home-cooked meal she prepared with love for us ever since. Whenever my family and I had a hard day outside, we knew we when we reach home,there will always be that tiny Maria greeting us with a warm smile.

Around eight years later, we decided to provide her eye operation, aunty Maria became prettier from her already pretty. She then got married around four years later to her very loving,humble,good,caring husband Marlon (Well he better be or let him off!).
We also gave her some money to build her lovely house.

Aunty Maria was a part of the family. From travelling with us to countries like Hong Kong, Macao, Malaysia, Thailand and many more. To celebrating life's important days with us, not to mention the Fourteen Chinese New Years, fourteen birthdays x4(Mum,brother,herself and mine).

She settled almost all of my everyday life stuffs to the finest details, without a doubt she did everything with her utmost love for the family .How we used to call her were :"Shorty, Fatso, Aunteh!, Maria"

She had became a part of the family ,our family,our Aunty Maria.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to write this blog dedicating it to her because she has parted my family and I goodbye on this very day. 20.09.2015 21:48pm, this very moment writing this blog, pains me so deeply, she really gave her all for us. Not only she was my domestic helper, she was my family member, my teacher, my elder sister, my second mother, my father to me.

She was already planning to go home for good a couple years ago but stayed on because of my army and university, my brother Brian's army ,which he just "PoP" two days prior to this. Today 20.09.2015 at 15:30 we parted her farewell in Changi Airport terminal 2, at 21:08 she texted just text me to notify of her safe arrive to Clark Airport in The Philippines and safely arrived home at 00:45 (Thank you Lord!)

She taught me to be a good person,have integrity,be kind to others. Every time when I did something wrong, she would tell me off, for example, the most common everyday, talking back to my mother. she will always tell me to be good to her,which now I really will, sorry Mum I love you. It might be quite ironic but I must admit not for those daily nagging, I would not have molded to who I am today.

(Watching her wave goodbye was the heart ache of heartaches) 

This is my greatest wake up call ever, I must admit, prior to today, since the two weeks of university had started,I am still lazy in doing anything as I had just came out of National service. After today,when aunty Maria left us for The Philippines for good, I decided it is time to get it right, I cannot day dream anymore, it is now! It hit me real hard, it is time to take my own destiny to my own hands, I have to start my rusty engine, and move on for what she entrusted me with!

Treasure those who loves you, don't wait till only after they leave you to feel you had not done enough.
_______________________________________________________________________________

 She has been a part of the family, and always will be. Take care my dear Aunty Maria quickly give birth to many beautiful children! God please keep an extra eye on her like you always did!

Having her leaving us to move on with her life,but she had been part of my life for the past fourteen years,spending the most time with me, just aches my heart

My small family#❤My dearest Aunty Maria! You will always be a part of our family.  Come back anytime when you want to see us! Bless you forever healthy and loved!
Hope Brian and I have made you proud!

Signing off,
Nicholson


20.09.2015

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant post, Nic! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Your Aunty Maria is an angel indeed. Thanks very much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my sudden inspiration to write this blog at that very moment.

      Delete