Playlist

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Critical Reflection on Effective Communication

From the very first day till the last, I wholesomely enjoyed every class.

How has this module improved my 'Effective Communication'.  From the first blog post on how is "English important to me", the initial draft was just horrible. With the compulsory feedback, it was then I realized that my English language was indeed quite bad.  With Reader's Response to report writing, in small but impact-ful parts of the learning journey. One example would be my 'sentence fragmentation',the present and past tenses. Even though it has been emphasized to me, I must admit it is I still make the same mistakes. 

During group presentation process, that was the most memorable moment of the module. The pre-presentation period, my group met up diligently."Team effort!" The first presentation,there were many learning pointers from everyone to learn from, such as maintaining eye contact, posture, tone used. When giving feedback to other presenters, I felt a certain responsibility as it served as a tip to the person, it should be constructive and at the same time, not offensive. As for me receiving feedback about my presentation, some feed-backs like my tone was little aggressive, nervous, were all constructive feedback for me. As during our group's encore presentation at LT1A, I was more wary of the mistakes I made, but my nerves still got the better more me. The take away from presentation and learning from everyone was that one should really be calm, and posed, do not panic, as it shows. Nonetheless, everyone was fully supportive at everyone's presentation.

Blogging is not only fun but very useful as we can refer back to it at any point of time when you need to do a report, or just relive the happy moments. It was enjoyable blogging every post.

The takeaway from this module is just simply every part of it. Being constantly reminded of the English language usage , should it be makes me more wary of myself both presentation and writing. I am sure, even after this module, everyone benefited in ways like report writing, because throughout our degree program, there are many reports to be done. We can all look back to our fantastic blog posts.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Nic!!

    I like how you have a lot of idea and the enthusiasm to express yourself when It comes to writing! you just need to be a little careful on the sentence fragments and grammar. other than that you are good to go!!! like you, I appreciate the feedbacks our teammates and classmate had given us especially for the oral presentation! Although we were very nervous especially at the LT, we managed to present it well ! good job to us! :D

    All the best Nic!

    Cheers,
    Siti Mardhiyyah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey MardhiCHO!

    Thanks for commenting, I will definitely work on sentence fragments and grammar. Cheers, glad to be team up with you guys!

    Cheers,
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nic,

    Yup this module would most definitely be beneficial for us in our future presentations and reports.I do agree that feedbacks must be constructive yet inoffensive at the same time which i believe is key in giving a good feedback.Anyway, you did not look that nervous during the presentation at the LT1A but you were still doing your usual "garang"(fierce) presentation style which i felt was suitable as it did get your proposal's point across.I also do have many fond memorable moments from this module especially the presentation for our proposals.These blogs we have created would surely be useful references for our undergraduate studies.

    Best regards,
    Muhammad

    P.S haha you like some model all over your Blog XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mamut!,

      Thanks for commenting! Perhaps from an audience point of view, you said i did not look as nervous. But I was pumped and started to stutter on words, anyways your presentation was on point.

      See you around school,
      Cheers,
      Nic

      Delete
  4. Hello nic! Again..
    Definitely agree on how effective communication has allowed all of us to gradually improve our language!
    As for your oral presentations I see you're always putting in the effort to rehearse and organize all your ideas well! I'd say I could tell you were much more nervous for the lecture theatre presentation but you still managed to stay calm and maintain your tone of speech and overall I thought u did great! Unlike me where I couldn't even stand straight anymore hahah!
    We should practice more to overcome our nervous moments! Love how your blog is like a legit personal blog with loads of pictures :P
    That's all for now
    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Nic, for this comprehensive reflection on the module. You do a decent job of reviewing "the whole shabang" and how you felt about that. Thank you for the accolades.

    My only question now is this: What about the feedback giving and receiving experience (since that was supposed to be the focus of this post)? How might your experience with peer feedback this term inform your writing (or speaking) in future modules? Would there be any way to get peer feedback on the future?

    That aside, I'd like to thank you for all your effort this term, and I wish you the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete