Playlist

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Presentation Reflection

Our team, NFC(HYPES) presented our idea of 'NFC enable Transportation feature'  on Monday the 9th of November. Indubitably, it was satisfying but at the same time nerve wrecking as well. As it was a team effort, instinctively I felt I had to do my utmost best to not let them down.

Although it was presenting to familiar faces, there was a certain struggle. Being restricted to not using any presentation aids, except for slides, it was a huge obstacle to cross at first as with  two years of national service. During the presentation, we have to present in a story-telling manner. Being the last presenter for the day,the pressure was there. "How to get everyone's attention and make them felt good listening to me?" It was beneficial that Brad had everyone to give feedback for the first week presenters. From there, one important take away was, not to memorize it as a script, instead, just pointers or visual aids around, or else when you get stuck, it shows

I felt the after presentation opinions on each presenter from the floor were all very constructive feedback's for everyone to learn from. For instance, I was not aware that the audience felt I was aggressive, in terms of tone usage, which I will surely keep it in mind and improve on. 

In the end, I felt good presenting, it boosted my confidence level. Although this is the first actually presentation in during the course, I believe that there is more to learn from, not just by myself, but from others as well.



Yours Sincerely,
Nic

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comprehensive review, Nic. You guys take great photos!

    ReplyDelete